* Expiry
@ 1999-09-27 18:52 Adam Kornick
From: Adam Kornick @ 1999-09-27 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been attempting to automagically delete old messages from
mailing lists that I read with pgnus 0.97.  I have edited the group
parameter buffer (`G p') as follows.

---
;;; Editing the group parameters for `nnfolder:gnus'.
;; Type `C-c C-c' after you've finished editing.

((auto-expiry t)
 (total-expiry t))
---

However, read articles are not automatically marked as expired, and
read articles are not expired, so it seems that neither variable
setting is having an affect.  Clearly I either do not understand
expiration or have made an obvious mistake or both.  Anybody who can
help me set up expiry to remove read messages without marking them by
hand as expirable, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

--
Adam Kornick
Coastal Engineer