From: Toni Drabik <tdrabik@public.srce.hr>
Subject: Wide reply problems
Date: 24 Aug 1999 14:37:48 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

I'm a bit puzzled with the way `Cc: ' field in wide replys is
composed...

It seems to me that Gnus puts every person from `To: ' and `Cc: '
fields (of the message I'm replying to) into `Cc: ' field of the new
message, EXCEPT if the first part of the persons address
(i.e. everything before `@') is equal to my user name ("tdrabik").

It is quite convenient for avoiding unwanted duplicated mail, but it
doesn't work for me, because I'm using several mail addresses which
have different user name part.

So, when wide-replying to mail like this:

   From: "Domagoj Pavlesic" <domagoj@dizzy.hr>
   To: "Miro Rosandic" <miro@bug.hr>, "Toni Drabik" <toni.drabik@bug.hr>

I get something like this:

   To: "Domagoj Pavlesic" <domagoj@dizzy.hr>
   Cc: "Miro Rosandic" <miro@bug.hr>, "Toni Drabik" <toni.drabik@bug.hr>

Which basically means that I have to remove myself from `Cc: ' line.
Of course, I will forget to do that and eventually end up with two
copies of that message.  And it annoys the hell out of me...

Is there a way to prevent this?  I haven't found anything about it in
the manual.

--
Toni Drabik <tdrabik@public.srce.hr>
Warning: This article may be fatal if swallowed.