If you use sendmail on quimby, you might add an alias like this: ding: "|/local/bin/nntp-post local.ding --delete=NNTP-Posting-Host" Actually, to make the news-to-mail and mail-to-news gatewaying complete, I'd setup the ding newsgroup as being moderated. (Use an `m' instead of a `y' as the 3rd argument to ctlinnd.) Have ding-moderator@gnus.org be the moderator (see the moderators file, often /etc/news/moderators; see also moderators(5)). Then, I'd create aliases like this: ding: ding-list ding-news ding-list: :include:/whatever/lists/ding ding-news: "|/local/bin/nntp-post local.ding --insert=Approved:auto --delete=NNTP-Posting-Host" ding-moderator: ding Or some such. So, mail sent to `ding@gnus.org' goes to everyone on the mailing list, and also gets fed to the nntp server after having an Approved header added. When someone posts an article to the newsgroup, it won't (ordinarily) have the Approved header, and so inn will mail it to ding-moderator. Mail to ding-moderator gets forwarded to everyone on the ding mailing list, and also gets fed back to the nntp server after having the Approved header added. M.