* problem with command line parameters for xterm using lynx in xterm as browser
@ 2004-09-10 15:44 J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2004-09-10 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hmm, I'm using Emacs 21.3.50 and Gnus v5.9.0, under Cygwin on Windows
XP. (This is at work.  I haven't tried this at home yet, as I use the
KDE tools to read newsgroups).

It seems that my best usage of a browser is to use lynx in an xterm,
but I would like to make the window bigger.

Whenever I attempt to modify the xterm command line parameters to
increase the size of the xterm, nothing happens when I click on a
link.

If I remove the xterm param line from my .emacs, then links open in
the normal 80x24 sized window.  Debugging it has led me to no obvious
conclusions, except that it just doesn't start, and returns an error.

Perhaps I am entering my command line params wrong.  I've gone into
customize, to the xterm arguments section, and added a "-geometry
100x50" (without quotes).  It looks okay in the .emacs file.  These
parameters work okay from a command line.

Any obvious ideas, anyone?  (Beside growing a bigger brain! :-> )

Dave

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-09-10 15:44 UTC | newest]