Hi Eric, Thanks for the reply. > I didn't see this on the list, but am replying to the list... Yes - I seem to have done something wrong with the post. Hopefully I've fixed it this time. > My understanding is, Andy had a certain window of time where he was > able to work on the nnselect stuff, and that window closed before we > were able to get anything pushed. That's a bummer, because I think the > changes are pretty solid -- there were a couple of potential features > that didn't get implemented, but I haven't encountered any bugs, > either. >> Maybe someone can briefly explain how to resolve the >> incompatibilities? Or maybe there is an updated way to get these >> features? Well, after writing, I meanwhile got stubborn and did manage to get the "origin/scratch/gnus-search" version merged after cloning an emacs image. (The situation arose because I needed to install on a new machine...) There was one issue I encountered using gnus-search and notmuch as search engine (certain kinds of searches failed with an error message which essentially said "(if thread ....)" is not a string"). I'm attaching a patch (inclusion of a comma that seems to have been missing) which fixes this trouble for me. (Actually, I'm pretty sure I found this typo/glitch in June, fixed it, and then forgot that I had discovered it. Should have reported it then; sorry!) > Then that could sit for a while, and in the meantime I would keep > scratch/gnus-search up to date with master. When it looked like it was > mature enough, I'd merge to master as well. > I think we've got Lars' blessing on all this, so we should be good to > go. Andy, if you're there -- what do you think about just taking the > plunge? I can be available to put out fires, if necessary. Well, I like the work; thanks! - I'm looking forward to its inclusion...! See below for the patch. best, george