* lost the ability to copy
@ 2014-09-02  5:42 Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2014-09-02  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

When I am replying to a post now, be it email or newsgroup, if I use
'Post -> Wide reply and yank', or just 'Post -> Wide reply', neither of
them give me a copy of the original post.

How then can I regain this please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.93.1

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: lost the ability to copy
@ 2014-09-02  7:47 ` Alberto Luaces
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2014-09-02  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Sharon Kimble writes:

> When I am replying to a post now, be it email or newsgroup, if I use
> 'Post -> Wide reply and yank', or just 'Post -> Wide reply', neither of
> them give me a copy of the original post.
>
> How then can I regain this please?

Don't know, but in the meantime you could use C-c C-y
(message-yank-original).

--
Alberto

* Re: lost the ability to copy
@ 2014-09-03  7:21 ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2014-09-03  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Sharon Kimble writes:

> When I am replying to a post now, be it email or newsgroup, if I use
> 'Post -> Wide reply and yank', or just 'Post -> Wide reply', neither of
> them give me a copy of the original post.
>
> How then can I regain this please?
>
> Thanks
> Sharon.

Hi,

both commands work as specified here (see below).

Martin

  Gnus v5.13
  GNU Emacs 24.3.93.1 (i686-pc-mingw32) of 2014-08-15 on LEG570

  -------
  <menu-bar> <Post> <Wide reply> runs the command
  gnus-summary-wide-reply, which is an interactive autoloaded compiled
  Lisp function in `gnus-msg.el'.

  It is bound to S w, <menu-bar> <Post> <Wide reply>.

  (gnus-summary-wide-reply &optional YANK)

  Start composing a wide reply mail to the current message.
  If prefix argument YANK is non-nil, the original article is yanked
  automatically.

  -------
  <menu-bar> <Post> <Wide reply and yank> runs the command
  gnus-summary-wide-reply-with-original, which is an interactive
  autoloaded compiled Lisp function in `gnus-msg.el'.

  It is bound to S W, <menu-bar> <Post> <Wide reply and yank>.

  (gnus-summary-wide-reply-with-original N)

  Start composing a wide reply mail to the current message.
  The original article will be yanked.
  Uses the process/prefix convention.

  [back]