From: Fabrice Popineau <Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Slow pop3 with emacs23 (win32)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:52:38 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I'm playing with Emacs23 compiled by myself basically
from the EmacsW32 sources with minor changes
"GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-msvc-nt6.0.6001)
 of 2008-09-01 on SPARKY (patched)"

and ... retrieving mail from my pop3 server is much much slower
than with xemacs 21.5 (same machine, same vista os).

Any idea where it can come from ? I thought that xemacs could retrieve
email whith movemail and emacs with pop3.el, but that's not the case.
They both seem to do it in elisp.

Thanks for any clue,

Fabrice