* Forwarded threads come out backwards
@ 2005-03-13 10:49 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2005-03-13 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I mark a number of articles in the summary buffer and then select
them for forwarding, Gnus puts them in the resulting article in
reverse order.  That's confusing for the recipient, because they see
the last messages in the thread first, without any context.  Is there
a way to correct that behavior?

Thanks,
--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

* Re: Forwarded threads come out backwards
@ 2005-03-13 16:18 ` Steven E. Harris
From: Steven E. Harris @ 2005-03-13 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: David Abrahams

David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com> writes:

> When I mark a number of articles in the summary buffer and then
> select them for forwarding, Gnus puts them in the resulting article
> in reverse order.  That's confusing for the recipient, because they
> see the last messages in the thread first, without any context.

Please see these two threads¹ from February 2000 in which I discussed
a similar observation. Lars offers a remedy at the end of the second
one, but not a fix, per se.

Footnotes:
¹ gnus-uu-digest-mail-forward (S-O-m) nit
    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/29310

  [Various] I'm starting this discussion (was "gnus-uu-digest-mail-forward (S-O-m) nit")
    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/29313

--
Steven E. Harris