* nnrss change?
@ 2010-09-13 22:01 Dave Goldberg
From: Dave Goldberg @ 2010-09-13 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I did a git pull today at work, mostly fearing what would happen to
interaction with my two IMAP servers (cyrus and Exchange) but so far
no problems with those.

nnrss, though is another matter.  I've noticed two problems:

1: My nnrss groups are not being properly checked when I run
gnus-group-get-new-news.  After running it, they do not show that
there are unread articles in them.  However if I move to each group
line and do M-g on them, the groups are updated and I have no problem
reading them.

2: When I do run gnus-group-get-new-news, I am prompted whether to
"fetch extra categories" which is apparently part of
nnrss-generate-active.  From what I can see that has something to do
with "moreover" but I don't even know what that is so I don't know why
I need to be asked.  I have to wonder if the two things are related.

Unfortunately I cannot use gwene for this.  These RSS feeds are
internal to work.

Thanks,
--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net

* Re: nnrss change?
@ 2010-09-14  0:40 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2010-09-14  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Dave Goldberg wrote:
[...]
> 1: My nnrss groups are not being properly checked when I run
> gnus-group-get-new-news.  After running it, they do not show that
> there are unread articles in them.  However if I move to each group
> line and do M-g on them, the groups are updated and I have no problem
> reading them.

> 2: When I do run gnus-group-get-new-news, I am prompted whether to
> "fetch extra categories" which is apparently part of
> nnrss-generate-active.  From what I can see that has something to do
> with "moreover" but I don't even know what that is so I don't know why
> I need to be asked.  I have to wonder if the two things are related.
[...]

Confirmed.  I guess those are due to the changes made recently
in gnus-start.el.  I'll look into it.

* Re: nnrss change?
@ 2010-09-14  3:38   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2010-09-14  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> Dave Goldberg wrote:
> [...]
>> 1: My nnrss groups are not being properly checked when I run
>> gnus-group-get-new-news.  After running it, they do not show that
>> there are unread articles in them.  However if I move to each group
>> line and do M-g on them, the groups are updated and I have no problem
>> reading them.

>> 2: When I do run gnus-group-get-new-news, I am prompted whether to
>> "fetch extra categories" which is apparently part of
>> nnrss-generate-active.  From what I can see that has something to do
>> with "moreover" but I don't even know what that is so I don't know why
>> I need to be asked.  I have to wonder if the two things are related.
> [...]

> Confirmed.  I guess those are due to the changes made recently
> in gnus-start.el.  I'll look into it.

Fixed in git repo.

* Re: nnrss change?
@ 2010-09-14 15:21     ` Dave Goldberg
From: Dave Goldberg @ 2010-09-14 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>> Confirmed.  I guess those are due to the changes made recently
>> in gnus-start.el.  I'll look into it.

> Fixed in git repo.

Confirmed.  Thanks!