* Word wrap strangeness
@ 2003-06-29  6:11 Wolfgang Schnerring
From: Wolfgang Schnerring @ 2003-06-29  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

I'm using Gnus 5.10.1.
Something's going wrong with the wrapping of my postings, though:

,---------- | * xxx@yyy.org: > #gmane.comp.ide.projectbuilder |
projectbuilder-users@lists.apple.com >   discussion of Apple's |
Project Builder IDE >   mailman dummy  >   URL: |
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/projectbuilder-users
`----------

I don't know whether that's pertinent, but part of my
message-mode-hook says:
(turn-on-auto-fill) (use-hard-newlines 1 t)

Does anyone have an idea what I could do about that?

Thanks,
Wolfgang

* Re: Word wrap strangeness
@ 2003-07-04 16:42 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-07-04 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schnerring <wosc@wosc.de> writes:

> I don't know whether that's pertinent, but part of my
> message-mode-hook says:
> (turn-on-auto-fill) (use-hard-newlines 1 t)
>
> Does anyone have an idea what I could do about that?

Using hard newlines makes Gnus use format=flowed.  I don't remember
that format very well, but I remember that it distinguishes between
hard and soft newlines.  The difference comes from spaces at the end
of the line -- if a line ends with space, the following newline is of
one kind, and if it doesn't, it's of another kind.

So you just need to make sure that the right newlines are hard, and
then Bob's your uncle.
--
~/.signature