* Lots of "Gnus Agent [Undownloaded article ...]" in group buffer
@ 2002-10-28 16:48 Burkhard Perkens-Golomb
From: Burkhard Perkens-Golomb @ 2002-10-28 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I enter a group of an agentized server, I see lots of "Gnus Agent
[Undownloaded article ...]" postings. I try to expire them, I try to
mark them for download, nothing changes: If I enter the group next
time I still see lots of "Gnus Agent [Undownloaded article ...]". How
can I get rid of these messages?

I'm using Oort 0.07, Emacs 21.2, Linux Debian testing.

    Burkhard

* Re: Lots of "Gnus Agent [Undownloaded article ...]" in group buffer
@ 2002-10-29  7:49 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-10-29  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Burkhard Perkens-Golomb <burkhard.perkens-golomb@sdm.de> writes:

> If I enter a group of an agentized server, I see lots of "Gnus Agent
> [Undownloaded article ...]" postings. I try to expire them, I try to
> mark them for download, nothing changes: If I enter the group next
> time I still see lots of "Gnus Agent [Undownloaded article ...]". How
> can I get rid of these messages?

You can use `J j' to toggle Gnus from unplugged to plugged mode, then
use `J s' or `J u' to download them.

kai

* Re: Lots of "Gnus Agent [Undownloaded article ...]" in group buffer
@ 2002-10-29 11:11   ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2002-10-29 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Burkhard Perkens-Golomb <burkhard.perkens-golomb@sdm.de> writes:
>
>> If I enter a group of an agentized server, I see lots of "Gnus Agent
>> [Undownloaded article ...]" postings. I try to expire them, I try to
>> mark them for download, nothing changes: If I enter the group next
>> time I still see lots of "Gnus Agent [Undownloaded article ...]". How
>> can I get rid of these messages?
>
> You can use `J j' to toggle Gnus from unplugged to plugged mode, then
> use `J s' or `J u' to download them.

I just realized that I have the same problem, and `J s' or `J u' don't
make a difference.  The articles are actually there, they just don't
appear in .overview.

--
Booting... /vmemacs.el

* Re: Lots of "Gnus Agent [Undownloaded article ...]" in group buffer
@ 2002-10-29 12:22     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-10-29 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:

> I just realized that I have the same problem, and `J s' or `J u' don't
> make a difference.  The articles are actually there, they just don't
> appear in .overview.

Ah.  Are you running a recentish CVS version?  In that case, it's
probably my fault.  Mea culpa.  I'm talking to Kevin Greiner who has
a much better grasp of the agent than me, and his code is really
nifty.  So expect these problems to go away soon.

(I'm also suffering from problems, so I deleted the whole
~/News/agent directory this morning and now I've got to use a slave
Gnus because the master is still not finished fetching all them
articles (I expect approx 700 MB), after coming back from lunch :-)

kai