* gnus imap vs exchange 2007
@ 2009-08-27  8:38 Lynbech Christian
From: Lynbech Christian @ 2009-08-27  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

My company recently upgraded the mail server from exchange 2003 to
exchange 2007 and this is causing me some grief.

I use gnus to read my mail over imap. It works well to connect,
authenticate and read mail but when the connection has been sitting idle
for a while, something goes wrong when I try to reconnect, whether it is
to read mail or just to enter a folder.

I have tried both to turn on gnus imap debug and to trace the network
communications but I see nothing obvious in the traces. It is as if the
network connection just is terminated with no apparent error or message.

On eof the thing that has changed, I think, is that I am now using a
more sophisticated way of authenticating towards the server. I see
mentioning of `gssapi' (which fails) and `starttls' (which succeeds) in
the echo area.

I am running emacs 23 and a fairly recent gnus from CVS.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Christian Lynbech       | christian #\@ defun #\. dk
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)