* corrupted .agentview
@ 2002-11-19  8:13 Danny Siu
From: Danny Siu @ 2002-11-19  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Last night, I resynced my agentized IMAP groups by removing all my
~\News\agent\nnimap\* files and a 'J S'.  The operation took hours to finish
(I have ~400MB mails) but was done without any error.  I entered some IMAP
groups and all articles were indeed marked '+' (I use +/- in summary buffer
to show weather an article is downloaded).  Reading them was very fast and I
am happy.  I checked the .agentview files and they looks good (indicate
correctly the list of downloaded articles).

However, after I quited Emacs and restarted gnus, those downloaded articles
were marked '-' (not downloaded)!  I checked the .agentview files and most of
them contains 'nil'.  Anyone knows how that could happen?  How do I fix that?
Prehaps some error conditions in nnagent.el?

I only use 2 backends, nnnil as primary and nnimap as secondary.

My gnus was synced to CVS at 2002-11-19 11:00am GMT.

--
Danny Siu

* Re: corrupted .agentview
@ 2002-11-19 17:40 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-11-19 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Kevin Greiner

Danny Siu <dsiu@adobe.com> writes:

> However, after I quited Emacs and restarted gnus, those downloaded articles
> were marked '-' (not downloaded)!  I checked the .agentview files and most of
> them contains 'nil'.  Anyone knows how that could happen?  How do I fix that?
> Prehaps some error conditions in nnagent.el?

Aha!  I'm having the same problem (I think) with a version of
gnus-agent.el hacked on by Kevin.  Maybe after Kevin's version is
installed (he's still working on it) it will be easier to fix since
more eyes will be looking at the same code?

Poor Kevin, lots of work...

kai