After a fresh CVS update this morning I now get the attached backtrace any time I try to send a mail (e.g. enter message-mode) on either XEmacs 21.4 (patch 20) "Double Solitaire" [Lucid] (i686-pc-linux, Mule) of Mon Oct 22 2007 on dsg-laptop It also happens with 21.4.21. Unfortunately, I do not understand the easymenu-define function - my one attempt to patch this also broke - so I cannot suggest a fix other than, for now, backing out to CVS version 7.62 of mml.el. If nothing happens in the mean time, I will try again later when I'm done with work. Thanks, -- Dave Goldberg david.goldberg6@verizon.net