* Summary Sorting by Date/Thread
@ 2003-08-27 12:42 Chris Green
From: Chris Green @ 2003-08-27 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Looking at my massively tick'd (!) INBOX Summary, I often have threads
that go on for months back and forth with people and I often have the
first articles and some of the most recent articles ticked.

I like the threaded view of my mail but I often want the threads
sorted by the last article received (rather ticked) in the thread rather
than the first article so every time I see my Summary, I get reminded
about that thread.

Does anyone have this functionality already?  It appears that I could
change add a gnus-thread-sort-by-date-thread and copy

(defun gnus-thread-sort-by-date-thread (h1 h2)
  "Sort threads by root article date."
  (gnus-article-sort-by-date
   (gnus-thread-footer h1) (gnus-thread-footer h2)))

The trouble for my skill set is gnus-thread-header:

;; Written by Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no>.
(defmacro gnus-thread-header (thread)
  "Return header of first article in THREAD.
Note that THREAD must never, ever be anything else than a variable -
using some other form will lead to serious barfage."
  (or (symbolp thread) (signal 'wrong-type-argument '(symbolp thread)))
  ;; (8% speedup to gnus-summary-prepare, just for fun :-)
  (list 'byte-code "\10\211:\203\17\0\211@;\203\16\0A@@\207"
	(vector thread) 2))

Can someone guide me towards turning this into gnus-thread-footer?
--
Chris Green <cmg@sourcefire.com>
Warning: time of day goes back, taking countermeasures.

* Re: Summary Sorting by Date/Thread
@ 2003-08-27 17:36 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-08-27 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Green <cmg@sourcefire.com> writes:

> I like the threaded view of my mail but I often want the threads
> sorted by the last article received (rather ticked) in the thread rather
> than the first article so every time I see my Summary, I get reminded
> about that thread.

C-h f gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number RET

--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.