* Gnus README files does not mention (require 'gnus-load)
@ 2003-06-15  7:08 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-06-15  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Marco Paunescu

Marco (see Cc) pointed this out to me.  I tried to find the file in
CVS, but couldn't.  So, whoever has access to the file, please add

    (require 'gnus-load)

in the right spot for the ~/.emacs example code.
--
This line is not blank.

* Re: Gnus README files does not mention (require 'gnus-load)
@ 2003-06-24 19:38 ` Michael R. Wolf
From: Michael R. Wolf @ 2003-06-24 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Marco (see Cc) pointed this out to me.  I tried to find the file in
> CVS, but couldn't.  So, whoever has access to the file, please add
>
>     (require 'gnus-load)
>
> in the right spot for the ~/.emacs example code.

I recently upgraded to 10.2 from 10.1, noticed that the line was
missing, and removed it from my ~/.emacs file since it's not in the
10.2/lisp directory. I figured that gnus-load was obsolete. Am I
missing something, like the gnus-load.el file?  Here's a traceback.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "gnus-load")
  require(gnus-load)
  eval((require (quote gnus-load)))
  eval-expression((require (quote gnus-load)) nil)
* call-interactively(eval-expression)

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!

* Re: Gnus README files does not mention (require 'gnus-load)
@ 2003-06-25 20:11   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-06-25 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael R. Wolf <MichaelRWolf@att.net> writes:

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "gnus-load")
>   require(gnus-load)

This means that the directory containing gnus-load.el (or
gnus-load.elc) is not mentioned in load-path.  Use C-h v to check.
--
~/.signature

* Re: Gnus README files does not mention (require 'gnus-load)
@ 2003-06-25 20:18   ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-06-25 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

"Michael R. Wolf" <MichaelRWolf@att.net> writes:

> kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> Marco (see Cc) pointed this out to me.  I tried to find the file in
>> CVS, but couldn't.  So, whoever has access to the file, please add
>>
>>     (require 'gnus-load)
>>
>> in the right spot for the ~/.emacs example code.
>
> I recently upgraded to 10.2 from 10.1, noticed that the line was
> missing, and removed it from my ~/.emacs file since it's not in the
> 10.2/lisp directory. I figured that gnus-load was obsolete. Am I
> missing something, like the gnus-load.el file?  Here's a traceback.
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "gnus-load")
>   require(gnus-load)
>   eval((require (quote gnus-load)))
>   eval-expression((require (quote gnus-load)) nil)
> * call-interactively(eval-expression)

Did you byte compile Gnus?  gnus-load is generated by the build framework.

* Re: Gnus README files does not mention (require 'gnus-load)
@ 2003-10-17 23:51 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-10-17 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Marco (see Cc) pointed this out to me.  I tried to find the file in
> CVS, but couldn't.  So, whoever has access to the file, please add
>
>     (require 'gnus-load)
>
> in the right spot for the ~/.emacs example code.

Ok; done.