* beyond last article in the *Summary* buffer
@ 2010-08-31  8:48 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2010-08-31  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Try this in the *Summary* buffer:
M-> (translated from <escape> >) runs the command end-of-buffer
then
p runs the command gnus-summary-prev-unread-article

Notice how we have gone to the 2nd to last article, not the last article
as would be expected.

Perhaps because M-> put us on an empty line beyond everything.

gnus-version "Gnus v5.13"

* Re: beyond last article in the *Summary* buffer
@ 2010-08-31 10:33 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2010-08-31 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Try this in the *Summary* buffer:
M-> (translated from <escape> >) runs the command end-of-buffer
> then
> p runs the command gnus-summary-prev-unread-article

> Notice how we have gone to the 2nd to last article, not the last
> article as would be expected.

I ended up in the last article, as I expected.

* Re: beyond last article in the *Summary* buffer
@ 2010-08-31 16:16   ` John Sullivan
From: John Sullivan @ 2010-08-31 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

>> Try this in the *Summary* buffer:
> M-> (translated from <escape> >) runs the command end-of-buffer
>> then
>> p runs the command gnus-summary-prev-unread-article
>
>> Notice how we have gone to the 2nd to last article, not the last
>> article as would be expected.
>
> I ended up in the last article, as I expected.

Me too.

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer

* Re: beyond last article in the *Summary* buffer
@ 2010-09-01  2:34     ` Dave Goldberg
From: Dave Goldberg @ 2010-09-01  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>>> Try this in the *Summary* buffer:
M-> (translated from <escape> >) runs the command end-of-buffer
>>> then
>>> p runs the command gnus-summary-prev-unread-article
>>
>>> Notice how we have gone to the 2nd to last article, not the last
>>> article as would be expected.
>>
>> I ended up in the last article, as I expected.

> Me too.

I got jidanni's behavior.  Also just pressing space on that empty last
line opens the last article suggesting that it is indeed considered
"current" at that point.

--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net