* unplugged mode and not agentized backends
@ 2002-11-12 20:33 Alexander Kotelnikov
From: Alexander Kotelnikov @ 2002-11-12 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I have a strange problem (with all gnus versions I have up to current
cvs): if gnus is in unplugged mode, I have my nnimap backend served
by agent, but nnml not served by agent and I got mail in
/var/mail/sacha (which is source for nnml) this mail wont be read
until I switch gnus into plugged, gnus-group-get-new-news (g in
*Group*) does nothing in unplugged.

The behaviour I want is to check local mail in gnus "fast" while
being able to check and fetch nntp and imap articles from remote
servers in batch mode, since doing this in realtime causes significant
delays.

--
Alexander Kotelnikov
Saint-Petersburg, Russia

* Re: unplugged mode and not agentized backends
@ 2002-11-14 14:35 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-11-14 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alexander Kotelnikov <sacha@giotto.sj.ru> writes:

> I have a strange problem (with all gnus versions I have up to current
> cvs): if gnus is in unplugged mode, I have my nnimap backend served
> by agent, but nnml not served by agent and I got mail in
> /var/mail/sacha (which is source for nnml) this mail wont be read
> until I switch gnus into plugged, gnus-group-get-new-news (g in
> *Group*) does nothing in unplugged.
>
> The behaviour I want is to check local mail in gnus "fast" while
> being able to check and fetch nntp and imap articles from remote
> servers in batch mode, since doing this in realtime causes significant
> delays.

See the :plugged keyword for mail-sources.  Does this help?

kai