* Help With Embedded Images
@ 2009-01-23 15:08 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2009-01-23 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

My colleagues send me emails created with Outlook.  Some of these emails
contain screenshots that have been pasted into the email.  When I get
the email in Gnus, I see the following text in place of the image:

[cid:image001.jpg@01C97D38.2B922B50]

Is there a way to actually see the image?

--
Jake Colman
Director of Software Development

* Re: Help With Embedded Images
@ 2009-01-25 22:54 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2009-01-25 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jake Colman; +Cc: ding

> My colleagues send me emails created with Outlook.  Some of these emails
> contain screenshots that have been pasted into the email.  When I get
> the email in Gnus, I see the following text in place of the image:

> [cid:image001.jpg@01C97D38.2B922B50]

> Is there a way to actually see the image?

Are those messages composed as the text/html format?  If so, you
may use emacs-w3m to display those images inline in Emacs frames.
See:

http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/index-en.html, and
(info "(emacs-mime)Display Customization") <- type `C-x C-e' here.

The latest (under development) version of emacs-w3m is:
http://cvs.namazu.org/emacs-w3m.tar.gz

Another way is to decompose those message into MIME parts.  Try
`C-d' in the summary buffer.
Cf. (info "(gnus)Really Various Summary Commands")

Regards,

* Re: Help With Embedded Images
@ 2009-01-25 23:42   ` Dave Goldberg
From: Dave Goldberg @ 2009-01-25 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>> My colleagues send me emails created with Outlook.  Some of these emails
>> contain screenshots that have been pasted into the email.  When I get
>> the email in Gnus, I see the following text in place of the image:

>> [cid:image001.jpg@01C97D38.2B922B50]

>> Is there a way to actually see the image?

> Are those messages composed as the text/html format?  If so, you
> may use emacs-w3m to display those images inline in Emacs frames.
> See:

> http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/index-en.html, and
> (info "(emacs-mime)Display Customization") <- type `C-x C-e' here.

> The latest (under development) version of emacs-w3m is:
> http://cvs.namazu.org/emacs-w3m.tar.gz

> Another way is to decompose those message into MIME parts.  Try
> `C-d' in the summary buffer.
> Cf. (info "(gnus)Really Various Summary Commands")

> Regards,

If I understand the OP correctly, perhaps
gnus-mime-display-multipart-alternative-as-mixed set to t will do the
trick.

--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net