* Re: authentification with url-retrieve
       [not found]                 ` <mailman.5513.1232634379.26697.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-01-26 15:31                   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2009-01-26 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

that has been posted to gnu.emacs.help as well.

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:19:36 +0100 Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com> wrote:

TV> ,----
TV> | auth-source-user-or-password: get login for news.gmane.org (nntp)
TV> | /home/thierry/.authi: 0% (0/724)
TV> | /home/thierry/.authi: 100% (724/724)
TV> | auth-source-user-or-password: get password for news.gmane.org (nntp)
TV> | /home/thierry/.authi: 0% (0/724)
TV> | /home/thierry/.authi: 100% (724/724)

Ah, I see it.  It's parsing that file twice, once to get the login name
and again to get the password.

The current auth-source API didn't allow me to batch this operation, so
I had to modify the API.  You'll have to get the latest Gnus from CVS
(auth-source.el plus the files that use the new API, including
nntp.el).  The changes will make their way into Emacs CVS as well, but I
don't know when.

I tried it and it works for me, so please try it out and let me know if
you find any problems.

Thanks
Ted

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-01-26 15:31 UTC | newest]