* starttls.el sync to Emacs CVS needed
@ 2008-11-05 20:03 Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2008-11-05 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: Miles Bader

Miles,

can you do a sync of Gnus to Emacs for starttls.el specifically?  A
change of mine is required before I can modify smtpmail.el in the Emacs
CVS.

In general, can you give me (and other Gnus developers with Emacs CVS
access) a way to do this sync?  I can always just commit my changes into
lisp/gnus/starttls.el in the Emacs CVS but don't know if that will cause
problems for you.

Thanks
Ted

* Re: starttls.el sync to Emacs CVS needed
@ 2008-11-06  0:51 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2008-11-06  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ted Zlatanov; +Cc: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
> can you do a sync of Gnus to Emacs for starttls.el specifically?  A
> change of mine is required before I can modify smtpmail.el in the Emacs
> CVS.

I've done so.

> In general, can you give me (and other Gnus developers with Emacs CVS
> access) a way to do this sync?  I can always just commit my changes into
> lisp/gnus/starttls.el in the Emacs CVS but don't know if that will cause
> problems for you.

It's probably more trouble than it's worth to try and extend the quirky
mechanism I use for more general use.

I think it's fine if you just commit "urgent" changes directly to Emacs
CVS.  It shouldn't cause any (or at least many) problems unless there
are gratuitous differences between the changes in the two repositories.

[In general the change volume in Gnus is low enough that manual
resolution of conflicts is quite tractable.]

-Miles

--
Arrest, v. Formally to detain one accused of unusualness.

* Re: starttls.el sync to Emacs CVS needed
@ 2008-11-10 21:52   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2008-11-10 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 09:51:39 +0900 Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:
MB> I think it's fine if you just commit "urgent" changes directly to Emacs
MB> CVS.  It shouldn't cause any (or at least many) problems unless there
MB> are gratuitous differences between the changes in the two repositories.

OK, thanks.  I put my smtpmail.el changes into the Emacs CVS as well, so
it's all done.

Ted