* new emails are marked as read before reading!
@ 2004-04-19 14:59 Shigeki UNO
From: Shigeki UNO @ 2004-04-19 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Why Gnus sometimes or suddenly treats incoming new emails as read
before I read them. Does anyone have same problem ?
This is always annoying me. SIGH.

How do you fix it when you have such problem?

Thanks.

---
Shigeki UNO

* Re: new emails are marked as read before reading!
@ 2004-04-20  1:37 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2004-04-20  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Why Gnus sometimes or suddenly treats incoming new emails as read
> before I read them. Does anyone have same problem ?
> This is always annoying me. SIGH.

I think that should not occur if all mails are fetched by Gnus'
back end and being controlled by the Gnus' active file.  If you
are using the nnml back end, you probably need to keep track of
how the ~/Mail/active file changes, comparing with article
numbers.

Furthermore, if there is an old active[1] file for persistent
articles in a group which you deleted and revived, it may
happen.

[1] It is ~/News/cache/active by default.
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>

* Re: new emails are marked as read before reading!
@ 2004-04-20  6:26   ` Shigeki UNO
From: Shigeki UNO @ 2004-04-20  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

>> Why Gnus sometimes or suddenly treats incoming new emails as read
>> before I read them. Does anyone have same problem ?
>> This is always annoying me. SIGH.
>
> I think that should not occur if all mails are fetched by Gnus'
> back end and being controlled by the Gnus' active file.  If you
> are using the nnml back end, you probably need to keep track of
> how the ~/Mail/active file changes, comparing with article
> numbers.
>
> Furthermore, if there is an old active[1] file for persistent
> articles in a group which you deleted and revived, it may
> happen.
>
> [1] It is ~/News/cache/active by default.
> --
> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>

I got it. Thank you very much.

Regards,