* Not downloading attachments over IMAP
@ 2001-11-28 15:01 Niklas Morberg
From: Niklas Morberg @ 2001-11-28 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using nnimap and quite often receive emails with
attachments that I don't need to see (at least not this
instant).

When gnus displays an article (email) with an attachment, it
will always download all attachments before the article is
displayed. For large attachments, this can take a while.

Can I tell gnus to not download attachments and just display
the message? Having buttons available that downloads the
attachment when I click them would be a nice bonus.

I've looked at the gnus-uu.* variables, but they only seem
to kick in once the attachment has been downloaded.

I'm also thinking about `gnus-ignored-mime-types', but it
does not feel quite right...

Niklas