From: Jon Babcock <jon@kanji.com>
Subject: Re: Mule-begot problems
Date: 06 Jan 1998 11:26:23 -0700	[thread overview]

I've taken Tore Olsen's advice and have written to Erik Naggum. Thanks.

I should have focused my question more specifically. What Mule-related
problems have Gnus developers experienced?

To read and write to mailing lists and newsgroups that use Japanese
and Chinese, I need Gnus. To write articles and monographs that
include CJK scripts, I need Emacs. If it were a question of only one
script, say Japanese, then I could run a nipponized version of Linux,
use kterm, etc. But it is precisely the ability to deal with multiple
scripts that makes the new Emacs so attractive to me, whose background
is classical Chinese and Buddhist prajnaparamita studies. I want to
see that multi-script functionality become a solid part of Emacs so
that Emacs offers the best solution in this area available anywhere.

Jon Babcock
jon@kanji.com