From: Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>
To: Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com>
Cc: "ding\@gnus.org" <ding@gnus.org>, Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org>
Subject: Re: nnimap and Exchange 2007
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:47:50 -0500	[thread overview]

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:29:10 -0400 Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> wrote:

Jake> Using your alternate setup, would the IMAP mail be split appropriately
Jake> into my "home" Maildir?  I guess I'm still confused as to how I would
Jake> convert from broken IMAP to a more uable alternative.

You need to set up your split methods, since now nnmaildir (through
nnmail) is doing the splitting:

(setq
 nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy
 nnmail-split-fancy '(|
                      (: gnus-registry-split-fancy-with-parent)
                      (: spam-split 'spam-use-regex-headers)
                      (: spam-split 'spam-use-bbdb)
                      "mail"))

This is just my setup, but you see how it works.

Jake> Even with the patch, IMAP access is very slow and many actions result in
Jake> a warning such as:

Jake> (6) (error/warning) Error in process filter: (error Internal error, tag
Jake>     201 status BAD code nil text The specified message set is invalid.)

Sorry about that, save the log and post it here if you can.  At this
point, if you choose to use Exchange, you have to produce bug reports
because I don't use it so I can't test any changes through normal usage.
You'll have to enable imap-debug and submit the contents of the
*imap-debug* buffer with your bug report.  Simon Josefsson was the
original imap.el developer and he hasn't responded to my Exchange bug
reports recently so I don't know how quickly we'd resolve these issues.

Simon, are you busy or unable to work on this stuff?  Have you seen the
Exchange problems, and is resolving them of interest to you?

Ted