* Where to get the .gnus for this screenshot?
@ 2006-01-23  2:27 leon
From: leon @ 2006-01-23  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Another beautiful screenshot in my.gnus.org:
http://my.gnus.org/node/348

Any idea how to set up gnus like this, especially the window layout and
the dashed separation line between windows? Many thanks.
--
              _.---. _
Happy        _/  __  >99.
Dog         (-. ,-.`(6666\
Year       _ @| \@|  )9999}
          <_>'   `' /66666\
2006      (^.      {9999999)
           `-`.___/ }666666}
                )  {9999999)
               /,.  \666666{
              ,%%%\  `99999)
             ,%%%%%;   `'~'\
             %%%%%%%}       `-._
             %%%%%,'            `-.
              ;%%%;      ;         \-.
              ;;`%;      /         _)`\
             _;|  ;     ,'_     .-''''/
            ((_j~_(,.,_;(((`._ /'''''/
                (((___)       ('''''(
                               `".''')
                                  `.(

* Re: Where to get the .gnus for this screenshot?
@ 2006-01-23  8:42 ` Glyn Millington
From: Glyn Millington @ 2006-01-23  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

leon <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> Another beautiful screenshot in my.gnus.org:
> http://my.gnus.org/node/348
>
> Any idea how to set up gnus like this, especially the window layout and
> the dashed separation line between windows? Many thanks.

For the window layout take a look at section 8.5 of the Gnus
manual. There are examples to get you going :-)

Not sure about the dashed seperator - is that, maybe, just how GNU Emacs
does it? Not sure, as I've got XEmacs here.

atb

Glyn

* Re: Where to get the .gnus for this screenshot?
@ 2006-01-23 11:32   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-01-23 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ M-x apropos-variable RET gnus.*boundary RET ]
| gnus-body-boundary-delimiter
|   Variable: String used to delimit header and body.
| gnus-treat-body-boundary
|   Variable: Draw a boundary at the end of the headers.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Where to get the .gnus for this screenshot?
@ 2006-01-23 13:14     ` Steve Youngs
From: Steve Youngs @ 2006-01-23 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:

  > On Mon, Jan 23 2006, Glyn Millington wrote:
  >> Not sure about the dashed seperator - is that, maybe, just how GNU
  >> Emacs does it?

  > ,----[ M-x apropos-variable RET gnus.*boundary RET ]
  > | gnus-body-boundary-delimiter
  > |   Variable: String used to delimit header and body.
  > | gnus-treat-body-boundary
  > |   Variable: Draw a boundary at the end of the headers.
  > `----

Pretty sure the OP was referring to the frame boundaries in that
screenshot and not the string between the headers and body in the
article buffer.

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|                 I am Dyslexic of Borg.                   |

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 256 bytes --]

* Re: Where to get the .gnus for this screenshot?
@ 2006-01-23 14:04       ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-01-23 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jan 23 2006, Steve Youngs wrote:

> * Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>
>   > On Mon, Jan 23 2006, Glyn Millington wrote:
>   >> Not sure about the dashed seperator - is that, maybe, just how GNU
>   >> Emacs does it?
>
>   > ,----[ M-x apropos-variable RET gnus.*boundary RET ]
[...]
> Pretty sure the OP was referring to the frame boundaries

You meant "window"?

> in that screenshot and not the string between the headers and body
> in the article buffer.

Hm, but the only _dashed_ lines (beside the mode lines) I can see are
the vertical one separating authors an subject in the summary buffer
and the.  headers/body boundary in the article buffer.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Where to get the .gnus for this screenshot?
@ 2006-01-25 17:33         ` leon
From: leon @ 2006-01-25 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

 | On Mon, Jan 23 2006, Steve Youngs wrote:
 |
 | You meant "window"?
 |
 | > in that screenshot and not the string between the headers and body
 | > in the article buffer.
 |
 | Hm, but the only _dashed_ lines (beside the mode lines) I can see are
 | the vertical one separating authors an subject in the summary buffer
 | and the.  headers/body boundary in the article buffer.

What about the dashed line between the summary window and the message
window? Many thanks for your help.
--
              _.---. _
Happy        _/  __  >99.
Dog         (-. ,-.`(6666\
Year       _ @| \@|  )9999}
          <_>'   `' /66666\
2006      (^.      {9999999)
           `-`.___/ }666666}
                )  {9999999)
               /,.  \666666{
              ,%%%\  `99999)
             ,%%%%%;   `'~'\
             %%%%%%%}       `-._
             %%%%%,'            `-.
              ;%%%;      ;         \-.
              ;;`%;      /         _)`\
             _;|  ;     ,'_     .-''''/
            ((_j~_(,.,_;(((`._ /'''''/
                (((___)       ('''''(
                               `".''')
                                  `.(

* Re: Where to get the .gnus for this screenshot?
@ 2006-01-25 17:37   ` leon
From: leon @ 2006-01-25 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Glyn Millington <wistanswick@linuxmail.org> writes:

 | For the window layout take a look at section 8.5 of the Gnus
 | manual. There are examples to get you going :-)
 |
 | Not sure about the dashed seperator - is that, maybe, just how GNU Emacs
 | does it? Not sure, as I've got XEmacs here.
 |
 | atb
 |

 | Glyn

Thank you very much.

--
              _.---. _
Happy        _/  __  >99.
Dog         (-. ,-.`(6666\
Year       _ @| \@|  )9999}
          <_>'   `' /66666\
2006      (^.      {9999999)
           `-`.___/ }666666}
                )  {9999999)
               /,.  \666666{
              ,%%%\  `99999)
             ,%%%%%;   `'~'\
             %%%%%%%}       `-._
             %%%%%,'            `-.
              ;%%%;      ;         \-.
              ;;`%;      /         _)`\
             _;|  ;     ,'_     .-''''/
            ((_j~_(,.,_;(((`._ /'''''/
                (((___)       ('''''(
                               `".''')
                                  `.(

* Re: Where to get the .gnus for this screenshot?
@ 2006-01-27 14:57           ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-01-27 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jan 25 2006, leon wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>  | Hm, but the only _dashed_ lines (beside the mode lines) I can see are
>  | the vertical one separating authors an subject in the summary buffer
>  | and the.  headers/body boundary in the article buffer.
>
> What about the dashed line between the summary window and the message
> window?

Hm.  Maybe disable scroll-bar and fringe.  I'm not sure.

You could click on "add new comment" on MGO and ask the submitter of
the screenshot.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,