* url changes?
@ 2000-04-24  4:36 Michael Harnois
From: Michael Harnois @ 2000-04-24  4:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is with the latest gnus and the latest url from cvs.

While compiling nnweb-url-retrieve-asynch:
  ** url-retrieve called with 1 argument, but requires 2-3

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mdharnois@home.com                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org

* Re: url changes?
@ 2000-04-24 14:37 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-04-24 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Harnois <mdharnois@home.com> writes:

> This is with the latest gnus and the latest url from cvs.
>
> While compiling nnweb-url-retrieve-asynch:
>   ** url-retrieve called with 1 argument, but requires 2-3

What w3/url version do you have?

* Re: url changes?
@ 2000-04-24 14:55   ` William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 2000-04-24 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Michael Harnois <mdharnois@home.com> writes:
>
> > This is with the latest gnus and the latest url from cvs.
> >
> > While compiling nnweb-url-retrieve-asynch:
> >   ** url-retrieve called with 1 argument, but requires 2-3
>
> What w3/url version do you have?

He is using the latest stuff from CVS, which is the almost complete
rewriting of the URL library.  This is the one that uses some code from
Gnus for the mime parsing and mailcap handling.

By default the new interface is asynchronous and takes callbacks directly.
New footprint is:

(defun url-retrieve (url callback &optional cbargs) ...)

There is also:

(defun url-retrieve-synchronously (url) ...)

which acts like the old version.  There are still some oddities with its
interaction with the new W3, but I won't have time for a month or two to
really bang it into shape (currently contracting some large xemacs changes)

-Bill P.