* IMAP "SEARCH" capability?
@ 2003-09-10 17:27 Chris Shenton
From: Chris Shenton @ 2003-09-10 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Previously, when I accessed locally-stored mail with nnml, I ran
glimpse on the mail files every night then used "nnir" to search it.

I recently switched to using Gnus' nnimap, currently against a
courier-imap server.  I'm currently using Gnus v5.10.2.  I can't find
a search feature for imap.

When I've used Mozilla's mail client against the same server I can use
its "Search Messages" function and find it very helpful.  I can't find
anything similar in the Gnus *info* docs or by scanning the source
code.

Am I missing a search function?  Are there alternatives?

Thanks.