* nnmaildir & expiry (again..)
@ 2004-09-21 10:00 Raphaël Berbain
From: Raphaël Berbain @ 2004-09-21 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I already asked this question on gnu.emacs.gnus[1] some time ago with
no luck, so I hope someone around here can enlighten me.

I am having problems setting up expiry to work with nnmaildir:  I use
auto-expiry. Expiry age and target settings work correctly.  The
problem is, after being expired the article appears unread again in
the target group.  The behavior was different with nnimap, where it
was marked read in the target group.

What should be the right behavior ?  It looks to me that marking as
read would make more sense.  Regardless of this, I think both backends
should behave in the same way.  And last, if articles shouldn't be
marked as read by default, is there a way to change the behavior ?

Footnotes:
[1] Message-ID: <86pt68p6ko.fsf@ID-110038.user.uni-berlin.de>