* removing download mark bug?
@ 2003-06-19  6:24 Robert Epprecht
From: Robert Epprecht @ 2003-06-19  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

CVS Gnus from a few minutes ago:

I press <ENTER> on an article that is not downloaded yet.
Gnus sets the download mark '%'. Now I change my mind and
(being a bit tired) pressed 'M ' ('M' <SPACE>) instead of '@'.
Gnus was so kind to forgive my error and removed the download mark.
But leaving the group and reentering I find the '%' back again...

This looks like a tiny bug to me. (I would not mind if Gnus would
not remove the download mark on 'M ', but if it does, it should not
reappear IMHO).

Robert Epprecht

* Re: removing download mark bug?
@ 2003-06-23 23:48 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-06-23 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Epprecht <epprecht@solnet.ch> writes:

> I press <ENTER> on an article that is not downloaded yet.
> Gnus sets the download mark '%'. Now I change my mind and
> (being a bit tired) pressed 'M ' ('M' <SPACE>) instead of '@'.
> Gnus was so kind to forgive my error and removed the download mark.
> But leaving the group and reentering I find the '%' back again...

You have the same general problem with all the marking commands -- if
you `d' something that has the "%" mark, it'll say just "r".  And if
you tick an article and then `@' it, it'll say just "%".

It's a problem with having the download mark share the character
position with the readedness marks.

The question is then whether to special-case `M-c' -- make it "reveal"
the download mark instead of the unreadedness mark (which is SPC).