* synchronizing desktop machine and laptop
@ 1998-12-24  4:32 Richard Coleman
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Richard Coleman @ 1998-12-24  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

This posting is only partly related to Gnus, but since Lars has
recently gotten a new laptop I thought I would ask here.

What method are people using to keep their laptop and desktop machine
in synch?

I've been investigating Coda recently (http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/) and
that seems the best method so far.

But imagine if I use Gnus on my laptop in unplugged mode.  When I get
home and put the laptop back on my network, any changed files are
replicated back to my desktop machine.  But now it seems that the
message I wrote will be sent twice (once from each machine).

Does anyone know about IMAP disconnected mode (does nnimap even support
that)?  How does that compare to nnagent?

I'm just looking for ideas.

I'm currently using FreeBSD (2.x) although I'm thinking of trying
NetBSD (since 1.3.3 was just released).

--
Richard Coleman
coleman@math.gatech.edu