From: Jack Twilley <jmt+usenet@tbe.net>
Subject: Problem identified - xemacs package? (was Re: Oddity with mail)
Date: 10 Mar 2001 11:41:41 -0800	[thread overview]

>>>>> "Kai" == Kai Großjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE> writes:

Jack> How do I capture what Gnus is sending to this process?

Kai> With M-x debug-on-entry RET message-send-mail-with-sendmail RET,
Kai> I guess.  Maybe putting point inside that defun and then doing
Kai> M-x edebug-defun RET is a more user-friendly way.

The former worked just fine.

Kai> You just single-step through the function until you see that it's
Kai> about to invoke sendmail.  Then you look at the buffer that's to
Kai> be sent to the process.

And I found the problem.  For whatever reason, my incarnation of Gnus
under XEmacs is calling an old version of message.el which has a bug
in message-add-header.  I tried removing the gnus package, and that
broke everything.

Any chance a new XEmacs package could be built?  Or, failing that,
could someone who understands these packages add the necessary targets
to the Makefile so those of us who need them can do it ourselves?

Kai> kai -- Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.

Jack.
(whee.)
--
Jack Twilley