From: Robert Epprecht <epprecht@solnet.ch>
Subject: Gnus for information storage (Was: Adulterate summary lines)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:52:47 +0200	[thread overview]

> I sometimes use gnus for certain kinds of information storage that
> isn't within its real purpose.

So do I. I guess there are quite a few other users that use gnus for
that in a way or the other.

It would be interesting to hear what usage patterns or tricks others
have found to use gnus to store informations.

I use a very simple method by sending me messages without a 'To: '
but only a 'Gcc: ' header.  Well since some time gnus bothers me
with a 'No receiver, perform Gcc anyway? (y or n)' question, but
it still works.

I'm quite sure there would be room for some improvements and new
Gnus features regarding information storage if one of the Gnus
developers would donate some of his time to think and work on
this special way of using Gnus... (but probably it is already
there... -- when did I read The Fine Gnus Manual from beginning
to end the last time?  ;-)

Thank you to you all for this wonderful software,
Robert Epprecht