* nnml gaps
@ 2004-05-24  9:50 Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2004-05-24  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

        Hi !

Does somebody have a script (elisp, shell, whatever) to help renumbering
nnml articles in order to eliminate the gaps ? I currently move all articles
to a new group, and back again to to it and it's boring.

        ... or maybe this feature has been implemented since I completely lost
track of what's going on ... huh, everywhere apart from at work ? :-)

Thanks.

--
Didier Verna, didier@lrde.epita.fr, http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier

EPITA / LRDE, 14-16 rue Voltaire   Tel.+33 (1) 44 08 01 85
94276 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, France   Fax.+33 (1) 53 14 59 22   didier@xemacs.org

* Re: nnml gaps
@ 2004-05-24  9:57 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-05-24  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Didier Verna <didier@lrde.epita.fr> writes:

> Does somebody have a script (elisp, shell, whatever) to help renumbering
> nnml articles in order to eliminate the gaps ? I currently move all articles
> to a new group, and back again to to it and it's boring.

Move them to the same group.

Sometimes it also works to rename the group twice, but that depends
on the backend, I think.

Kai

* Re: nnml gaps
@ 2004-05-24 18:21   ` Danny Siu
From: Danny Siu @ 2004-05-24 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann writes:

  Kai> Didier Verna <didier@lrde.epita.fr> writes:
  >> Does somebody have a script (elisp, shell, whatever) to help
  >> renumbering nnml articles in order to eliminate the gaps ? I currently
  >> move all articles to a new group, and back again to to it and it's
  >> boring.

  Kai> Move them to the same group.

  Kai> Sometimes it also works to rename the group twice, but that depends
  Kai> on the backend, I think.

Kai, do you happen to know if the scheme would work for nnimap?

Thanks,
--
Danny Dick-Fung Siu              mailto:dsiu@adobe.com
Advanced Technology Group @ Adobe Systems Incorporated

* Re: nnml gaps
@ 2004-05-25  5:15     ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-05-25  5:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Danny Siu <dsiu@adobe.com> writes:

> Kai, do you happen to know if the scheme would work for nnimap?

No, I don't know :-(

Kai