* No washing on picked part from multipart?
@ 2001-10-17 15:06 Jack Twilley
From: Jack Twilley @ 2001-10-17 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I received a message that was a multi-part message in MIME format.

Gnus picked text/plain from multipart/alternative, which is good.

It didn't fill the text, or do any other washing that I happened to
notice, which is bad.

Is this intentional?

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley
jmt at twilley dot org

* Re: No washing on picked part from multipart?
@ 2001-10-17 15:19 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-10-17 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jack Twilley <jmt+usenet@twilley.org> writes:

> I received a message that was a multi-part message in MIME format.
>
> Gnus picked text/plain from multipart/alternative, which is good.
>
> It didn't fill the text, or do any other washing that I happened to
> notice, which is bad.

Maybe the text/plain part was really empty?  Have you looked with C-u g?

kai
--
GNU/Linux provides a nice `poweroff' command, but where is `poweron'?

* Re: No washing on picked part from multipart?
@ 2001-10-17 16:40   ` Jack Twilley
From: Jack Twilley @ 2001-10-17 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack> I received a message that was a multi-part message in MIME
Jack> format.

Jack> Gnus picked text/plain from multipart/alternative, which is
Jack> good.

Jack> It didn't fill the text, or do any other washing that I happened
Jack> to notice, which is bad.

Kai> Maybe the text/plain part was really empty?  Have you looked with
Kai> C-u g?

Here's the headers and first few lines of the body of the message as
retrieved from the file in my nnml folder, not read with Gnus:

From: "Donald Jaramillo" <ddraig@stattenfield.org>
To: <sfbay-poly@polyamory.org>
Subject: Attractions and the like.
Sender: sfbay-poly-admin@polyamory.org
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:43:33 -0700

Well, since I was one of the people in the discussion last Wednesday, I figured I'd contribute.

[... rest of message elided ...]

Does that help?

Jack.
--

@ 2001-10-17 17:24     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-10-17 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jack Twilley <jmt+usenet@twilley.org> writes:

> Subject: Attractions and the like.

> --
> Well, since I was one of the people in the discussion last Wednesday, I figured I'd contribute.
>

> [... rest of message elided ...]

This looks pretty b0rked.  Note the x-plaintext header.  Also note
that the content-type header identifies this as text/plain.  Also, if
the above (text enclosed in [...]) are really part of the file, then
it's clear that the text/html part isn't even there anymore.

kai
--

@ 2001-10-17 18:17     ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 2001-10-17 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

It wasn't Gnus that picked the text/plain part, but something else,
probably the mailing list software.

I can't see anything that should disable washing, though.

* Re: No washing on picked part from multipart?
@ 2001-10-17 22:21       ` Jack Twilley
From: Jack Twilley @ 2001-10-17 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Per> It wasn't Gnus that picked the text/plain part, but something
Per> else, probably the mailing list software.

Thanks!

Per> I can't see anything that should disable washing, though.

I'll just consider that part a mystery.

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley