Gnus development mailing list
From: Wayne Harris <wharris1@protonmail.com>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: v5.13: on cancel and supersedes dependency on message-make-sender
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 07:07:30 -0300

I can't currently cancel or supersede articles because

  message-make-sender

always tells Gnus I don't own the article.

(defun message-make-sender ()
  "Return the \"real\" user address.
This function tries to ignore all user modifications, and
give as trustworthy answer as possible."
  (concat (user-login-name) "@" (system-name)))

In terms of USENET, mail et cetera, this is bound to fail, right?  My
system-name is definitely not like my e-mail domain name.  Am I running
a too old version of Gnus?  I doubt it.  I'm running GNU Emacs 27.1.

So what's up with this?  How do you guys use this feature?  I'm gonna
try my hand at removing this protection or at least replacing it with
something more sensible in my context.  I wonder how you guys have been
using this.  Thanks!