* Saving attachment
@ 2003-09-28  7:42 Robert Epprecht
From: Robert Epprecht @ 2003-09-28  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is a really basic thing,
and I'm feeling embarassed that I have to ask...

I have got a message with an attached .pdf file which I want to save.
I change to the article buffer with 'h', go to the button and press
'RETURN' (as I seem to remember that this used to save the file).
Gnus says 'Viewing with pdftotext %s -' and shows me the thing.
Nifty, but I want to save it...

OK, I do 'C-h i' and RTFM, but I can't find the node to read.
The best thing I come up with is 'K o', it asks me for the file name and
then 'No buffer named multipart/alternative'.  I end up with the summary
buffer displayed twice...

So how do I save this pdf?
I must be blind today that I cannot find it in the manual, where is it?

Robert Epprecht

* Re: Saving attachment
@ 2003-09-28  7:45 ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2003-09-28  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Epprecht <epprecht@solnet.ch> writes:

> I have got a message with an attached .pdf file which I want to save.
> I change to the article buffer with 'h', go to the button and press
> 'RETURN' (as I seem to remember that this used to save the file).
> Gnus says 'Viewing with pdftotext %s -' and shows me the thing.
> Nifty, but I want to save it...

If you run Emacs under X, you can rightclick the attachment and choose
save, or you could search through the menu: Article->Mime, or you could
just say K o.

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough

* Re: Saving attachment
@ 2003-09-28  9:09 ` Benjamin Riefenstahl
From: Benjamin Riefenstahl @ 2003-09-28  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Hi Robert,

Robert Epprecht <epprecht@solnet.ch> writes:
> I have got a message with an attached .pdf file which I want to
> save.

Put the cursor on the highlighted attachment button and just press o.

> OK, I do 'C-h i' and RTFM, but I can't find the node to read.  The
> best thing I come up with is 'K o', it asks me for the file name and
> then 'No buffer named multipart/alternative'.  I end up with the
> summary buffer displayed twice...

You would want a numeric prefix with K o, otherwise it should apply to
the first MIME part, the mail text that you already see.

benny

* Re: Saving attachment
@ 2003-09-28 12:27   ` Robert Epprecht
From: Robert Epprecht @ 2003-09-28 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Benjamin,

Benjamin Riefenstahl <Benjamin.Riefenstahl@epost.de> writes:
> Robert Epprecht <epprecht@solnet.ch> writes:
>> I have got a message with an attached .pdf file which I want to save.

> Put the cursor on the highlighted attachment button and just press o.

> You would want a numeric prefix with K o, otherwise it should apply to
> the first MIME part, the mail text that you already see.

Thank you, both work fine,
Robert

* Re: Saving attachment
@ 2003-10-22 21:02   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-10-22 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Benjamin Riefenstahl <Benjamin.Riefenstahl@epost.de> writes:

> Robert Epprecht <epprecht@solnet.ch> writes:
>> I have got a message with an attached .pdf file which I want to
>> save.
>
> Put the cursor on the highlighted attachment button and just press o.

Does C-h b list such bindings from text properties these days?  WIBNI
it did.

Kai