* changing default group parameters?
@ 1999-01-06 21:10 Bill White
From: Bill White @ 1999-01-06 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pterodactyl Gnus v0.69,
GNU Emacs 20.3.1 (i586-unicent-linux-gnu, X toolkit) of Thu Aug 20
1998 on banshee

Is there a way to have all newly-created groups (via B-m to a
non-existent name, or via G-m) to have the following parameters
by default:

((display . all)
 (visible . t))

I'm looking into creating a bug database using topics, groups, levels,
etc. and I want all those groups to be visible all the time with all
messages visible. The messages in a group are emails about the bug
represented by the group.

Many thanks -

bw
--
Bill White . billw@wolfram.com . http://www.wolfram.com/~billw

* Re: changing default group parameters?
@ 1999-01-06 21:20 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1999-01-06 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill White <billw@wolfram.com> writes:

> Pterodactyl Gnus v0.69,
> GNU Emacs 20.3.1 (i586-unicent-linux-gnu, X toolkit) of Thu Aug 20
> 1998 on banshee
>
> Is there a way to have all newly-created groups (via B-m to a
> non-existent name, or via G-m) to have the following parameters by
> default:
>
> ((display . all)
>  (visible . t))
>
> I'm looking into creating a bug database using topics, groups,
> levels, etc. and I want all those groups to be visible all the time
> with all messages visible. The messages in a group are emails about
> the bug represented by the group.

Perhaps you could place all the group under a topic, and set the topic
parameters to the desired values?

* Re: changing default group parameters?
@ 1999-01-06 21:24 ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-01-06 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill White <billw@wolfram.com> writes:

  > Is there a way to have all newly-created groups (via B-m to a
  > non-existent name, or via G-m) to have the following parameters
  > by default:
  >
  > ((display . all)
  >  (visible . t))

You can assign parameters to topics, and these will be inherited by
the groups in the topic.

I don't know what happens if a group is in two topics with conflicting
parameters.

kai
--
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out there to get me!