François Pinard writes: > Don Croyle writes: > > > It looks as if the script tests for emacs, but not for xemacs, so I still > > needed to use an EMACS=xemacs argument for the make. > > Unless I'm mistaken, the script should test for `xemacs' *if* `emacs' is > not found, so `EMACS=xemacs' should not be required on `make' when > `xemacs' is the only available Emacs. It this does not work, I would be > curious to know why it does not. On the other hand, if it works, I also > hope someone will tell us. There is nothing in the configure.in file that would cause this behaviour. I'm going to start working right now on an improved configure.in for Gnus. I'll have it done in a few hours. -Bill P.