* " =20" at the end of line
@ 2007-09-14 12:54 NAKAJI Hiroyuki
From: NAKAJI Hiroyuki @ 2007-09-14 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I noticed that "=20" is added at the end of every line of each mail when
a digest mail is separated by C-d, if a mail in the digest mail contains
the header

How can I avoid these "=20"?

For example, I subscribe freebsd-current-digest@freebsd.org ML. It sends
digested mails like this:

===
From: ...
Date: ...

[Header message]

Today's Topics:

   1. Claws-mail - core dumped (Zahemszky Gabor)
   2. ...

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:23:10 +0200
From: "Zahemszky Gabor" <gabor@zahemszky.hu>
Subject: Claws-mail - core dumped
To: freebsd-current@freebsd.org

Hi!
[snip]
===

When I hit C-d in the *Summary* buffer, this message 1 is shown in
*Article* buffer:

===
From: "Zahemszky Gabor" <gabor@zahemszky.hu>
To: freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:23:10 +0200
Message: 1

Hi!=20

Are there anybody out there, who can use - either the old (2.10) or the n=
ew=20
(3.0) version of Claws-Mail n CURRENT? I used it from 1st January without=
=20
[snip]
===

It is hard to read (at least for me).

Thanks in advance.
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki

* Re: " =20" at the end of line
@ 2007-09-18 10:10 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-09-18 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I noticed that "=20" is added at the end of every line of each mail when
> a digest mail is separated by C-d, if a mail in the digest mail contains
> the header

> How can I avoid these "=20"?

> For example, I subscribe freebsd-current-digest@freebsd.org ML. It sends
> digested mails like this:

I subscribed to the freebsd-current-digest list temporarily today
and got one digest message.  However, I have no such trouble so
far.  Perhaps I might need to read more digest messages.
Otherwise, the reason I have no trouble might be that I told the
list server to send the MIME digests to me.   That is, I checked
the `MIME' button in the configuration page as follows:

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/options/freebsd-current/yamaoka%40jpl.org
,----
| Get MIME or Plain Text Digests?                   (*)MIME
|                                                   ( )Plain
| Your mail reader may or may not support MIME      Text
| digests. In general MIME digests are preferred,
| but if you have a problem reading them, select    [ ]Set
| plain text digests.                               globally
`----

(Your page seems to be "http:......../nakaji%40jp.freebsd.org".)

What type did you choose?  I haven't tried `Plain Text' yet but
I guess `MIME' is better.

* Re: " =20" at the end of line
@ 2007-09-18 10:39   ` NAKAJI Hiroyuki
From: NAKAJI Hiroyuki @ 2007-09-18 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> > For example, I subscribe freebsd-current-digest@freebsd.org ML. It sends
> > digested mails like this:

> I subscribed to the freebsd-current-digest list temporarily today

Thanks. And sorry for inconvinience.

> What type did you choose?  I haven't tried `Plain Text' yet but
> I guess `MIME' is better.

My selection was `Plain Text', because I subscribed the list before it
started using mailman and there was no choice. I've changed it to `MIME'
to observe the difference.
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki

* Re: " =20" at the end of line
@ 2007-09-18 15:02     ` NAKAJI Hiroyuki
From: NAKAJI Hiroyuki @ 2007-09-18 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> > What type did you choose?  I haven't tried `Plain Text' yet but
> > I guess `MIME' is better.

> My selection was `Plain Text', because I subscribed the list before it
> started using mailman and there was no choice. I've changed it to `MIME'
> to observe the difference.

OK, `MIME' digest mail does not have this problem. Thanks.
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki

* Re: " =20" at the end of line
@ 2007-09-18 23:14       ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-09-18 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> OK, `MIME' digest mail does not have this problem. Thanks.

While `flowed' text (RFC2646) is likely to trail a space character
in each line (which specifies to delete a following line-break),
and Latin(-2) text is apt to be encoded by `quoted-printable'
(QP encodes SPC into "=20"), I guess the list server neglects to
decode them in `Plain Text' digests.  Anyway we will probably
not need to do something in Gnus. :)

* Re: " =20" at the end of line
@ 2007-09-19  0:14         ` NAKAJI Hiroyuki
From: NAKAJI Hiroyuki @ 2007-09-19  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> > OK, `MIME' digest mail does not have this problem. Thanks.

> While `flowed' text (RFC2646) is likely to trail a space character
> in each line (which specifies to delete a following line-break),
> and Latin(-2) text is apt to be encoded by `quoted-printable'
> (QP encodes SPC into "=20"), I guess the list server neglects to
> decode them in `Plain Text' digests.  Anyway we will probably
> not need to do something in Gnus. :)

I see. I'll ask about it to the ml admin.
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki