* Pterodactyl Gnus v0.84 is released
@ 1999-05-01 20:30 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-05-01 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

A new release to celebrate the first of May!

Back in my other life, things have been getting kinda busy.  There's a
deadline on June first that I have to keep, and since it's going to be
a lot of (very enjoyable, I think) work, I probably won't have time to
do anything constructive on Gnus for the next month.  If I get lots of
patches, though, I'll apply them and ship off a couple of releases.

Anyway.

Get it from <URL:http://quimby.gnus.org/gnus/dist/pgnus.tar.gz>
or "/ftp@quimby.gnus.org:/pub/gnus/".  The patch is available as
<URL:ftp://quimby.gnus.org/pub/gnus/ding-patches/pgnus-0.83-0.84.diff.gz>.

ChangeLog since last release:

Sat May  1 20:27:43 1999  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@menja.ifi.uio.no>

	* gnus.el: Pterodactyl Gnus v0.84 is released.

1999-05-01 22:23:21  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@gnus.org>

	* gnus-msg.el (gnus-bug-message): Mime change.

1999-04-22  Simon Josefsson  <jas@pdc.kth.se>

	* gnus-sum.el (gnus-update-marks): Process null mark lists.

1999-04-21  Hrvoje Niksic  <hniksic@srce.hr>

	* mm-bodies.el (mm-decode-content-transfer-encoding): Recognize
 	`x-uue'.

1999-03-04  Aaron M. Ucko  <amu@mit.edu>

	* mail-source.el (mail-source-fetch-pop): Only prompt for password
	when authentication is 'password.

1999-05-01 22:17:55    <pinard@iro.umontreal.ca>

	* gnus-win.el (gnus-configure-windows): Accept a setting.

1999-04-21 20:51:13  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@gnus.org>

	* mm-util.el (mm-quote-arg): Moved here.

	* mm-decode.el (mm-quote-arg): Quote more chars.

1999-04-18 20:12:49  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@gnus.org>

	* nnheader.el (nnheader-parse-head): Message-ID in In-Reply-To
	with newlines would create buggy .nov files.

	* gnus-art.el (gnus-article-date-lapsed-new-header): Default to nil.

	* qp.el (quoted-printable-encode-region): Encode whitespace at the
	end of lines.

	* message.el (message-mode): Doc fix.

	* gnus-art.el (article-hide-headers): Delete the hidden headers.

	* gnus-msg.el (gnus-setup-posting-charset): Default group to "".

	* gnus-art.el (article-date-ut): Rewrite.

	* mm-decode.el (mm-preferred-alternative-precedence): Reverse the
	order.

	* gnus-msg.el (gnus-message-insert-stylings): Remove duplicate
	headers.

	* gnus-art.el (gnus-article-date-lapsed-new-header): Doc fix.

1999-04-18  Didier Verna  <verna@inf.enst.fr>

	* gnus-art.el (gnus-article-date-lapsed-new-header): new variable.
	(article-date-ut): use it.

1999-04-18 20:06:20  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@gnus.org>

	* mail-source.el (mail-source-fetch-pop): Call script
	asynchronously.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Pterodactyl Gnus v0.84 is released
@ 1999-05-02  8:16 ` John Collis
From: John Collis @ 1999-05-02  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:

> Back in my other life, things have been getting kinda busy.  There's a
> deadline on June first that I have to keep, and since it's going to be
> a lot of (very enjoyable, I think) work, I probably won't have time to
> do anything constructive on Gnus for the next month.  If I get lots of
> patches, though, I'll apply them and ship off a couple of releases.

Best wishes for whatever you are doing. I just thought I'd like to say
how much I appreciate your work. Gnus is for me the most important piece
of software on my system. I have been an extremely picky user of mail
and news systems ever since I started as a news administrator and then a
systems administrator - now I get to be a systems integrator and still I
think your software has the most powerful features I have seen. I have
now used it solidly for my own personal mail for well over 3 years - the
longest I have ever kept to one particular program. It still surprises
me how much more I can find to do with it!

Keep up the good work.

Best wishes and sincere admiration!

--

@ 1999-05-02 13:13 ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1999-05-02 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ away immediately. Seek shelter and cover

* Re: Pterodactyl Gnus v0.84 is released
@ 1999-05-02 14:19   ` William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 1999-05-02 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: (ding)

* Re: Pterodactyl Gnus v0.84 is released
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-06-12  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

wmperry@aventail.com (William M. Perry) writes:

> I would still like to have this functionality for using 'fetchmail' as a
> :prescript process.  Perhaps do something like shell-command does?  It
> checks for an & at the end of the command, and uses the 'background'
> package if it does, otherwise it uses synchronous processes.

I've now Made It So.

* Re: Pterodactyl Gnus v0.84 is released
@ 1999-06-13 13:21       ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1999-06-13 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ Warning: pregnant women, the elderly, and
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ children under 10 should avoid prolonged

* Re: Pterodactyl Gnus v0.84 is released
@ 1999-06-14  0:51         ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-06-14  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net> writes:

> Spiffy... but I still get mail-source errors because the ssh tunnel (in my
> case) has not been initilized when Gnus attempts to connect to the
> tunnelled POP server.  A ':prescript-delay' or some such which causes a
> sit-for or some such after executing :prescript is really necessary.

Ok; I've now added that.