* Auto-Filing Replies to an Email
@ 2008-01-16 14:55 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2008-01-16 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I use message groups to organize my email.  Incoming emails that cannot be
automatically sorted are manually moved into an appropriate group.  I use
gcc-self so that messages sent from a specific group are viewable in that
folder.  Is there a way for replies to an email sent from a group to be
automatically moved to that group?

I am using Gnus 5.10.8 on XEmacs 21.4.17.

--
Jake Colman
Director of Development

* Re: Auto-Filing Replies to an Email
@ 2008-01-16 15:42 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-01-16 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

Hi Jake,

> I use gcc-self so that messages sent from a specific group are
> viewable in that folder.  Is there a way for replies to an email sent
> from a group to be automatically moved to that group?

Huh?  gcc-self should work here, too.  You can set it in the
gnus-parameters like that:

,----[ C-h v gnus-parameters RET ]
| Value:
| (("Fastmail:INBOX\\.mailinglists\\.bbdb-info"
|   (to-address . "bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net")
|   (subscribed . t)
|   (gcc-self . "nnmaildir+Fastmail:INBOX.Sent Items"))

[...]

|  ("Fastmail:INBOX"
|   (gnus-use-scoring nil)
|   (gcc-self . t))

[...]

| [back]
`----

As you can see I put mails in mailinglist groups to "INBOX.Sent Items"
and mails in other folders that don't match any mailinglist group into
the group itself.  That applies to replies as well as to new mails.

Bye,
Tassilo

* Re: Auto-Filing Replies to an Email
@ 2008-01-16 16:27 ` Dave Goldberg
From: Dave Goldberg @ 2008-01-16 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I use message groups to organize my email.  Incoming emails that cannot be
> automatically sorted are manually moved into an appropriate group.  I use
> gcc-self so that messages sent from a specific group are viewable in that
> folder.  Is there a way for replies to an email sent from a group to be
> automatically moved to that group?

You mean if someone replies to your message gnus should automatically process the reply into the "right" group, is that correct?  You can try nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent.  I've never tried it myself - the last time I looked it didn't support imap and so was not useful to me.

--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net

* Re: Auto-Filing Replies to an Email
@ 2008-01-16 18:23   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2008-01-16 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Goldberg; +Cc: ding

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:27:45 -0500 Dave Goldberg <david.goldberg6@verizon.net> wrote:

>> I use message groups to organize my email.  Incoming emails that cannot be
>> automatically sorted are manually moved into an appropriate group.  I use
>> gcc-self so that messages sent from a specific group are viewable in that
>> folder.  Is there a way for replies to an email sent from a group to be
>> automatically moved to that group?

DG> You mean if someone replies to your message gnus should
DG> automatically process the reply into the "right" group, is that
DG> correct?  You can try nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent.  I've never
DG> tried it myself - the last time I looked it didn't support imap and
DG> so was not useful to me.

The Gnus registry will do it, see gnus-registry.el for setup
instructions.  I'm in the process of cleaning it up and will write
proper docs when it's done.

It supports nnimap among others.

Ted

* Re: Auto-Filing Replies to an Email
@ 2008-01-17 13:51     ` Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2008-01-17 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

   >>> I use message groups to organize my email.  Incoming emails that
   >>> cannot be automatically sorted are manually moved into an appropriate
   >>> group.  I use gcc-self so that messages sent from a specific group are
   >>> viewable in that folder.  Is there a way for replies to an email sent
   >>> from a group to be automatically moved to that group?

   DG> You mean if someone replies to your message gnus should automatically
   DG> process the reply into the "right" group, is that correct?  You can
   DG> try nnmail-split-fancy-with-parent.  I've never tried it myself - the
   DG> last time I looked it didn't support imap and so was not useful to me.

   TZ> The Gnus registry will do it, see gnus-registry.el for setup
   TZ> instructions.  I'm in the process of cleaning it up and will write
   TZ> proper docs when it's done.

   TZ> It supports nnimap among others.

Well this looks exactly like what I'm looking for.  I'll try and it and see.

Thanks!

--
Jake Colman
Director of Development