* browse-url-netscape broken?
@ 1999-03-06 23:32 mpullen
From: mpullen @ 1999-03-06 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

With pgnus 0.80 when I click on an url, pgnus displays the html with
w3.  I have browse-url-browser-function set to browse-url-netscape.

Previously this setup sent the url to netscape for browsing.  Any
ideas?

--
Mike Pullen	mpullen@midwest.net
Linux localhost 2.0.33 #1 Mon Jan 18 17:39:07 CST 1999 i586

* Re: browse-url-netscape broken?
@ 1999-03-08 13:51 ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-03-08 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

m> With pgnus 0.80 when I click on an url, pgnus displays the html with
m> w3.  I have browse-url-browser-function set to browse-url-netscape.

m> Previously this setup sent the url to netscape for browsing.  Any
m> ideas?

I think you will see this if the message you are viewing is an HTML part.
Essentially, if w3 is displaying the message, then its handlers take over
for buttons and whatnot.  What happens when you click on the URL in my
signature?  (This is a text/plain message.)

--
Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu>    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/
Zippy: A dwarf is passing out somewhere in Detroit!

* Re: browse-url-netscape broken?
@ 1999-03-08 22:54   ` mpullen
From: mpullen @ 1999-03-08 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu> writes:

> m> With pgnus 0.80 when I click on an url, pgnus displays the html with
> m> w3.  I have browse-url-browser-function set to browse-url-netscape.
>
> I think you will see this if the message you are viewing is an HTML part.
> Essentially, if w3 is displaying the message, then its handlers take over
> for buttons and whatnot.  What happens when you click on the URL in my
> signature?  (This is a text/plain message.)

When I clicked on your URL, it launched netscape as I wanted.  I had
previously noticed that sometimes, pgnus used netscape and other times
it used w3.  Any suggestions on always using netscape versus w3?

--
Mike Pullen	mpullen@midwest.net
Linux localhost 2.0.33 #1 Mon Jan 18 17:39:07 CST 1999 i586
  4:53pm  up 2 days,  5:44,  1 user,  load average: 0.16, 0.13, 0.05

* Re: browse-url-netscape broken?
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-03-14 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

mpullen@midwest.net writes:

> When I clicked on your URL, it launched netscape as I wanted.  I had
> previously noticed that sometimes, pgnus used netscape and other times
> it used w3.  Any suggestions on always using netscape versus w3?

Are there any options in w3 for using Netscape for following links
instead of w3?

* Re: browse-url-netscape broken?
@ 1999-03-14 21:19       ` William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 1999-03-14 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> mpullen@midwest.net writes:
>
> > When I clicked on your URL, it launched netscape as I wanted.  I had
> > previously noticed that sometimes, pgnus used netscape and other times
> > it used w3.  Any suggestions on always using netscape versus w3?
>
> Are there any options in w3 for using Netscape for following links
> instead of w3?

Not currently, but it would not be hard to make Emacs/W3 internally use
browse-url-browser-function.  If somebody wants to whip up a patch, please
send it.  Or I'll try to do it on the plane to tokyo. :)

-bp