* New Subscription to RSS Messes with Gnus
@ 2014-04-15 21:47 Aric Gregson
From: Aric Gregson @ 2014-04-15 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

It seems that adding a new rss subscription to Gnus via the 'G-R'
mechanism messes up existing news subscriptions. Last time I was in Gnus
I subscribed to a new feed in this manner. Today when restarting Gnus it
is asking me for the addresses of all the older feeds. It fails to start
unless I input the feed addresses. Once started, I thought it would save
these addresses. However, upon restarting it is asking yet again for the
saved feed addresses.

Note that the Gmane hosted feeds were not affected. Only RSS feeds via
the web.

Is there a file that I can modify to either remove reference to these
feeds or to ensure that the address is readable by Gnus upon restart?

Thanks, Aric

--
    ~O
    /\_,

* Re: New Subscription to RSS Messes with Gnus
@ 2014-04-23  0:25 ` Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2014-04-23  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Aric Gregson <aorchid@mac.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> It seems that adding a new rss subscription to Gnus via the 'G-R'
> mechanism messes up existing news subscriptions. Last time I was in Gnus
> I subscribed to a new feed in this manner. Today when restarting Gnus it
> is asking me for the addresses of all the older feeds. It fails to start
> unless I input the feed addresses. Once started, I thought it would save
> these addresses. However, upon restarting it is asking yet again for the
> saved feed addresses.
>
> Note that the Gmane hosted feeds were not affected. Only RSS feeds via
> the web.
>
> Is there a file that I can modify to either remove reference to these
> feeds or to ensure that the address is readable by Gnus upon restart?

Have a look in $HOME/News/rss and you should find 'foo.el' which contains all
saved posts from your rss feed. $HOME/News/rss/nnrss.el contains all the urls
of your subscribed feeds, and some unsubscribed feeds too! Of course, if
you're talking about using GNUs on MS-windows, then it could well be
different.

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.4.50.10

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: New Subscription to RSS Messes with Gnus
@ 2014-04-23  0:56   ` Aric Gregson
From: Aric Gregson @ 2014-04-23  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding