* lost marks
@ 2003-11-02 19:21 Robert Epprecht
From: Robert Epprecht @ 2003-11-02 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

It happened again: I have lost *all* marks (mostly dormant marks) in
one of my nnml groups.  Very annoing!

I had read a new message that had arrived, left the group and done
some reading and sending of mails (in other groups). Then new messages
arrived, one of them for the group in question. I enter the group to
read it, and all marks had gone!

I'm not absolutely sure if I did leave Gnus between reading the prior
message and the arriving of the later one, but I don't think I did.
Sorry for not being able to give better informations.

I do have a backup from a few houres before the first of the two messages
had arrived. I do not see anything strange in the .marks file there.
I know, that there was *no* other activity in the group in between.

BTW: I also discovered a message in the group which I do not recall having
ever seen before. It looks as if the old 'marked as old/read bug' had also
another comeback...

Robert Epprecht

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-11-02 19:21 UTC | newest]