* Unwanted Cc to my address with follow-ups and wide replies
@ 2014-06-20 20:11 Joseph Mingrone
From: Joseph Mingrone @ 2014-06-20 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I have two work addresses: me@math.uni.tld and me2@uni.tld.  When I
follow-up or send a wide reply to a message sent to me2@uni.tld, my
address is Cced, but this doesn't happen with me@math.uni.tld. I've
checked my configuration and don't see anywhere that I'm treating the
two addressed differently. I've looked at the code in
gnus-summary-followup, but it's not easy to trail.  What am I missing?

TIA,

Joseph

* Re: Unwanted Cc to my address with follow-ups and wide replies
@ 2014-06-20 20:20 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-06-20 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca> writes:

> I have two work addresses: me@math.uni.tld and me2@uni.tld.  When I
> follow-up or send a wide reply to a message sent to me2@uni.tld, my
> address is Cced, but this doesn't happen with me@math.uni.tld.

Maybe setting message-dont-reply-to-names could help?

,----[ C-h v message-dont-reply-to-names RET ]
| message-dont-reply-to-names is a variable defined in `message.el'.
| Its value is
| "asjo@\\(example.com\\|example.org\\)"
| Original value was nil
|
| Documentation:
| *Addresses to prune when doing wide replies.
| This can be a regexp or a list of regexps.  Also, a value of nil means
| exclude your own user name only.
`----

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I was taught at school never to start a sentence            Adam Sjøgren
  without knowing the end of it."                        asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Unwanted Cc to my address with follow-ups and wide replies
@ 2014-06-21  2:06   ` Joseph Mingrone
From: Joseph Mingrone @ 2014-06-21  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca> writes:
>
>> I have two work addresses: me@math.uni.tld and me2@uni.tld.  When I
>> follow-up or send a wide reply to a message sent to me2@uni.tld, my
>> address is Cced, but this doesn't happen with me@math.uni.tld.
>
> Maybe setting message-dont-reply-to-names could help?

Ah, I missed that variable.  So far it's working as it's described.

Thanks!

Joseph