* Folders on imap server
@ 2012-08-22 20:43 Leo Butler
From: Leo Butler @ 2012-08-22 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

-How does one create a folder on an imap server with gnus?

-How does one then save a message to an imap folder, analogous to
gnus-summary-save-article?

Leo

* Re: Folders on imap server
@ 2012-08-22 21:01 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2012-08-22 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:43:12 -0400, Leo wrote:

> -How does one create a folder on an imap server with gnus?
> -How does one then save a message to an imap folder, analogous to
> gnus-summary-save-article?

Have you tried using B c to copy an email to a new folder?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "A cat has nine lives, but a bullfrog croaks                 Adam Sjøgren
  every day."                                            asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Folders on imap server
@ 2012-08-22 21:21 ` Bruce S. Skinner
From: Bruce S. Skinner @ 2012-08-22 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Butler; +Cc: ding

Leo Butler <l.butler@cmich.edu> writes:

> -How does one create a folder on an imap server with gnus?

gnus-group-make-group bound to 'G m'
i.e.

  G m
   Name: foo
   From method: nnimap:your.imap.server

Creates an imap folder named 'foo'

> -How does one then save a message to an imap folder, analogous to
> gnus-summary-save-article?

gnus-summary-move-article which is bound to 'B m'
i.e.

  B m
   Move this article to: nnimap+your.imap.server:foo

Puts the current article in imap folder 'foo'

regards :-)
BruceS

* Re: Folders on imap server
@ 2012-08-23 13:37   ` Leo Butler
From: Leo Butler @ 2012-08-23 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:43:12 -0400, Leo wrote:
>
>> -How does one create a folder on an imap server with gnus?
>> -How does one then save a message to an imap folder, analogous to
>> gnus-summary-save-article?
>
> Have you tried using B c to copy an email to a new folder?

No, I was unaware of that, thanks.
Is there a gnus function/key-binding that does the work of B c B DEL? I
know that I can do myself; I wondering if this already exists.

Thanks, Leo.

* Re: Folders on imap server
@ 2012-08-23 13:38   ` Leo Butler
From: Leo Butler @ 2012-08-23 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Bruce.Skinner@norsteadfarm.ca (Bruce S. Skinner) writes:

> Leo Butler <l.butler@cmich.edu> writes:
>
>> -How does one create a folder on an imap server with gnus?
>
> gnus-group-make-group bound to 'G m'
> i.e.
>
>   G m
>    Name: foo
>    From method: nnimap:your.imap.server
>
> Creates an imap folder named 'foo'
>
>> -How does one then save a message to an imap folder, analogous to
>> gnus-summary-save-article?
>
> gnus-summary-move-article which is bound to 'B m'
> i.e.
>
>   B m
>    Move this article to: nnimap+your.imap.server:foo
>
> Puts the current article in imap folder 'foo'

Bruce, thanks. These do what I want.

Leo

* Re: Folders on imap server
@ 2012-08-23 18:17     ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2012-08-23 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Is there a gnus function/key-binding that does the work of B c B DEL?

  `B m'

But you've already figured that out, I see in the other message.