* strange fancy mail splitting
@ 2005-12-05 15:37 Adam Duck
From: Adam Duck @ 2005-12-05 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list!

Ok, so I have the following in my No Gnus v0.4 (CVS):

(setq nnmail-split-fancy (quote (| (: spam-split)
				   (any "xemacs\\.org"				"xemacs.list")
				   (any "descent-source@warpcore\\.org"		"descent.list")
				   (any "gentoo-misc@lists\\.sourceforge\\.net"	"gentoo-fm.list")
				   (any "ntg-context@ntg\\.nl"			"ConTeXt.list")
				   (any "cedet.*@lists\\.sourceforge\\.net"	"cedet.list")
				   (any "video4linux-list@redhat\\.com"		"v4l.list")
				   (any "amrc-l@yahoogroups\\.com"		"anime.list")
				   (any "am-utils@\\(am-utils\\.org\\|\\(filer\\.\\)?fsl\\.cs\\.sunysb\\.edu\\)" "amd.list")
				   "mail.misc")))

My problem is that, upon the _first_ start -- and only then -- of M-x
gnus, all unread mails I get new into "mail.misc" and "ConTeXt.list"
are already marked as "old".  But all other groups -- like
"xemacs.list" -- work fine.  I looked at the settings for each group
with "G c", and they don't have any special settings.  Upon the second
fetch -- either with "g" or quitting and restarting gnus, the new
mails don't get marked as read (even if they end up in "mail.misc").
The last sentence troubles me the most :(.

Has anyone got a clue?  How can I debug this problem?

cu, Adam.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-12-05 15:37 UTC | newest]