* Re: spam.el spam-bogofilter-score
       [not found]           ` <86znj632ne.fsf@duchess.twilley.org>
@ 2003-07-23 14:33             ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-07-23 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, jmt@twilley.org wrote:

> [...]
>
> Ted> I mean the messages after the score come from other parts of
> Ted> Gnus, so I can delay them but I can't prevent them.  I think
> Ted> it's due to the redisplay of the article after the score is
> Ted> requested, but I really don't know how to show the score,
> Ted> redisplay the article, and prevent the
> Ted> "Fontifying...Rendering..." messages all at once.
>
> Could you do something like put the score in the mode line?

That's an excellent idea.  I could actually make the bogofilter (spam)
score one of the items you can print out in the summary buffer for
each article (so you would put it in the formatting string).  But then
it would be slow to display a summary buffer if the bogofilter score
evaluation is slow.

So, my question is: can a formatting parameter in the summary buffer
be "lazily" evaluated, so it's "N/A" until someone explicitly asks for
the spam score of the article?  I hope I'm expressing myself clearly.

This would be a cool thing to have, I think.

Ted

* Re: spam.el spam-bogofilter-score
@ 2003-07-23 16:35               ` Jack Twilley
From: Jack Twilley @ 2003-07-23 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)