From: Lloyd Zusman <ljz@asfast.com>
Subject: Refactoring request for spam.el
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:31:13 -0500	[thread overview]

I have a request concering spam.el:

Would it be possible to conditionally execute the code in `gnus.el'
that manages the spam processing?

The reason I'm asking for this is that I still can't customize any
groups as long as the spam-related code in `gnus.el' exists; I have to
manually comment out this code in order for customization to work for
me.

And sadly, I haven't as yet had the time to do a major debugging session
for this problem.  Therefore, I'd prefer just to set some kind of
variable in order to block all spam processing.  I don't need that
processing, because I already do extensive spam filtering on my
mailserver.

I think that the following code (or something less hackish that has the
same effect) could go into `gnus.el'.  Then, I could just manually set
`gnus-load-spam-processing-code' to `nil' when I start gnus.

See the other thread relating to customization and spam.el in order to
see a more detailed explanation of my problem.

 ;;; In gnus.el ...

 (defvar gnus-load-spam-processing-code t
  "*Only load the code in `spam*.el' if this variable is set to true.")

 (when gnus-load-spam-processing-code

    ;;; group parameters for spam processing added by Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.co$
    (defvar gnus-group-spam-classification-spam t
      "Spam group classification (requires spam.el).
    This group contains spam messages.  On summary entry, unread messages
    will be marked as spam.  On summary exit, the specified spam
    processors will be invoked on spam-marked messages, then those
    messages will be expired, so the spam processor will only see a
    spam-marked message once.")

    ;;;
    ;;; ... and everything in between, until we get here ...
    ;;;

    (gnus-define-group-parameter
     ham-process-destination
     :parameter-type '(choice
                      :tag "Destination for ham articles at summary exit from a sp$
                             (string :tag "Move to a group")
                             (other :tag "Do nothing" nil))
     :function-document
     "Where ham articles will go at summary exit from a spam group."
     :variable gnus-ham-process-destinations
     :variable-default nil
     :variable-document
     "*Groups in which to explicitly send ham articles to
    another group, or do nothing (the default).  If non-nil, this should
    be a list of group name regexps that should match all groups in which
    to do ham article moving, associated with the destination
    group or `nil' for explicit ignoring.  This only makes sense for
    mail groups, and only works in spam groups."
     :variable-group spam
     :variable-type '(repeat
                     :tag "Ham articles destination"
                     (list
                      (regexp :tag "Group Regexp")
                      (choice
                       :tag "Destination for ham articles at summary exit from spa$
                       (string :tag "Move to a group")
                       (other :tag "Expire" nil))))
     :parameter-document
     "Where ham articles will go at summary exit from a spam group.")
 )

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com